.

.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Not here, not now.....not ever!

I'd written this some months back, but didnt feel like posting it then...

If we were caveman and cavewoman, we wouldve grunted approvingly at the same dinosaur carcass, never mind the imagery!

Thats when I knew he & I could be friends. Here was a guy who made me laugh....In about half an hour, we felt like old friends, it was that easy...

We actually met through this blog. He even lasted through the whole of it (he is evidently made of stern stuff ) and we got talking. Now I wasnt attracted to him or anything, I really wasnt....but this guy seemed incredibly nice, had a good sense of humor, was really interesting to talk to...and his blog was simply amazing......and after months of having no one to talk to and using my phone just as an alarm, it seemed it could have messages I could look forward to again...somebody would actually care to ask if I  reached home safe....I might even wake up with good morning messages again ...I would have somebody to call whenever I felt like, someone who would genuinely love to hear from me....

Now I'm not as stupid as you think though I tend to get carried away by a kind word, and this learning from mistakes is something my pea-brain is capable of.....and as immodest as I may sound, my little brain is fast... if you call six hours fast...and I call it fast...when compared to  say, a year or two...anyways, so when he called back at 2 am after a 4 hour talk just to say he missed me, my brain decided to do something it hasnt before...to pull the plug, and set off the alarm and call the cops....

You see, we had gtalked for 2 about hours asking each other loaded questions like colors or shades? ...and there are very few people I can last on gtalk with....and fewer for more than an hour...and only one person for more than 2 hours....no really, there is only one....so we chucked gtalk and and spoke for about 4 hours...now you get the six hour logic?...and as amazing as the conversation was,  I decided it was long enough....

Why? Because I wasnt feeling "that way"...and I knew I wont  either...blah blah....so my intelligent and considerate suggestion that we should stop talking immediately was put forth and the phone was hung up....

My brain, though smart asks too many questions for my liking - Did I make a mistake? After all, there are not make people who speak my language...what if I lost out on a great friend??...what if I culdve really learnt a lot from this guy?...what if I missed out on loads of fun??? You see, theres not much my brain doesnt think of....

Oh and I forgot to mention he saw it fit to ask me out in the meanwhile and I saw it fit to  reciprocate by  literally bashing his teeth in just because I was angry with all guys in general.....and thats how we sweetly parted...

But you see, almost immediately since then, a new man came into my life...waving a broom and shaking a slipper....the great lawyer (drumroll please !!!)...and got me into a hole so deep that I needed a fireman without a collarbone to rescue me (ok, I know!)...but beggars cant be choosers...so out of the window went my indignation about being asked out..and the roles were reversed pretty quickly...I was pretty much like I dont care how you treat me, but someone please talk to me...

Of course now...he has a brain too right??? ...so he told me to fuck off and I took it pretty badly...now you know I really meant it when I said roles were reversed...fortunately, I had a life (albeit without people in it) so I lived on...

Two months later... lo & behold!  - hes in my city!!!

Hey, can we meet?
Lets do coffee?
How about dinner??

(Some people sure have this incredibly ability to pretend as if nothing was wrong)~!
Yeah right! Like in hell !!! Not even to save my life! And I looked the other way.... even on gtalk!

If you know me, you'll know this is no big deal...these things always happen to me (or I make them happen depending on which way you prefer to see it)...You see, someone once told me that I am the type to reach out to people only when I am "alone and in the dark"....whatever else I may be, I know thats not true now... and I prefer to leave it here....

But I know I did the right thing this time...

3 comments:

Adi said...

Intense! you never even told us all this

Vinay said...

180 and 360 for the roles... it happens. :)

Sathish said...

mmm...

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP