.

.

Monday, February 08, 2010

The "hi-fi" family

Well thats what we called ourselves in college :) And we met up over the weekend, after six long years...though the entire group was not there, it was worth every bit of the effort and planning...

You know, I always underestimated the value of girl-friends - many people have asked me why all my friends have been guys lately...this was not intentional I tell you...and I am not tomboyish or anything, quite the opposite, in fact...but somehow, most of the friends Ive made in the last 4-5 years or so have been guys....and frankly, I never made the distinction - friends were friends, be it girls or guys...and so when the SATC group came up with Let us be each others' soulmates, and the men in our lives be just guys we have have fun with, I was the one who laughed the loudest...

We were a group of five in college.. each as different as you could get...back then, we never did  any of the regular stuff like shopping or movies or eating out....in all the four years of engineering, we managed only one outing ...and you definitely wont believe me when I say that we never even gossiped! We were more into books and academics and writing papers and stuff like that...anyone would think that we had  a sub-zero fun quotient...but our room was easily one of the happiest rooms in the hostel....we were good friends to each other, friends we could depend on, friends who would be there by your side when  the chips were down...

It was like becoming friends all over again over the last two days..and boy, was it different this time !!!!  All of us stayed over at my place...and now I know what shop till you drop means :)..we bought like a million gifts for each other, tirelessly explored all the sales at shopping malls and Commercial Street..and oh!!! see this Tee I got...nice no? I TOTALLY LOVE it :)))...we ate till we could eat no more, had a tea-ball at Infinitea - all English with the baked beans and what not :), see the pic ...and we dressed up enough to make up for all the four years - I swear they made me change no less than 8 outfits yesterday :)...we even managed to catch a movie - Couples Retreat...which we highly recommend, by the way....talked for hours and hours, caught up on each others news and lives...and all of us felt the same - that the sad things in our lives magically disappeared  over the two days....I cant believe what  I nearly missed had I stayed back in Madurai when my train ticket didn't come through..and grudgingly I admit SATC may be on to something  here, even if not soulmates...

Diva, you said that having us meant having someone to lean on, even if it is for something as small as an opinion...Ive been thinking  about it...and how right you are!!
Shinu, you shouldve been there, I really have a bone to pick with you on this..
Vids, we missed you and your famous dry wit :)
Nasma & Goofy - we really should do this more often, no?

All in all, I really couldnt ask for a better group of friends...

Love you hi-fi :)
Thank you for being there!

5 comments:

Naseema Basha said...

all that i wanted to say and more ..
didnt like the thanks at the end though .. your blog made me remember the last two days and cherish the time we had together
:-)

Vidhya said...

:)...nice..but i am sad i missed all the fun...so come for my sisters wedding all of you...will be a good reunion :)

Divya said...

We had a swell time.Rocked!:) And Vee,the portriat on ur Tee undoubtedly captured the mood @ the end of the day.We couldn't ask for more..cud we?

Goofy said...

Love you girls!

Ever since I read this piece and saw the pics, I have been smiling away to glory, thinking of tea, talks, the auto ride, the 600 bucks, the photographer dropping things(:P), the joy in the company, the day that I missed :(, walking into your rooms in the hostel, getting pulled for my hair cut, the food baskets in Veena's room, the tree outside George's window, getting Hamsini and Diva to sing, sleepy sleepy Naz's room (:D), the gazillion books that would be strewn around the place too, something high funda that George would say, leaving us blinking or arguing, the lunch times in the mess (Our corner later became the staff table:P), pulling Naz for her clothes, times on the beach with Diva more recently, the laughter and the love and more! Happy Happy times, Happy Happy talks and Happy Happy people!

Tis lovely Veena - And been reading the rest of your stuff.. Will try and muster enough courage to post comments on them!

Diva,
I love the pic in Veena's room! Whatay capture!

Naz,
We all seem to have acquired a taste for the place, thanks to you! Lets go there again!

George!
How's u? And will reply to the mail. She's prep for the GRE now. BTW, the cost part - fortunately, atleast it was finite!

VJ said...

Oh my...look at all the comments! Thanks ppl.. luv u too :)

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP