.

.

Monday, November 02, 2009

My little Idaho

My friend suggested I blog about my blog....Not a bad idea :)

I love this blog, I really do. I spend a lot of time on it, no with it, everyday. I love tweaking colors and changing the pictures and labels. I love the labels - I love the tacky ones like Mindsweeper or Soulkeeper, I love the regular ones like The Bookshelf, I love the obscure ones which only I understand like The Silhouette, I love the depressing ones like the Black Rainbow...oh, please dont bother to follow the labels, I change them every now and then :)...Except for the Special Someone, all else is likely to change.

Ive learnt a fair lot after I began writing on this blog. I made loadsa blogger friends, and met quite a few like-minded people :) Hey, I even learnt how to fix bugs in XML...cos for all the hype about the flagship Professional Template that this is, with its impressive configurable columns, it has more bugs in it than the number of Chinamen in China. Previously, the comments used to show up haphazardly after  a post and I used to to cringe. But atleast Ive succeed in removing those ugly gray boxes that mask people's names...and the ridiculously-placed timestamp. It really took some doing to fix all that !! I guess you probably dunno what me talking about but it suffices to say that the powers of concentration required to understand the circuitous and elaborate  template code is enough to move a mountain :)

And oh, tell me you like the new collage pic? I spent ages over it, finding the pieces I like, pieces than mean something to me....Its still not as perfect as I would like it to be, but I am getting there.

If you own a blog, you have to own the whole thing. Many times I wonder if it is a good investment of time to find the perfect color for your post title. I used to comb the Internet to search for that elusive bright-but-not-bloodshot matted red...Often I wondered what difference it made to anyone who reads this blog whether the line after the post title is black or orange. These details were maddening I tell you. But this  the price you have to pay if you want your own customized template and are picky about colors. I really wanted a bright-but-not-gawdy page, one that makes me happy whenever I look at it, so I had to put my nose to the grindstone and search for apt shades and tediously work out the details. I dont think it is even noticeable that the comments tab is purple, and the commas between labels are red (this is my chance to point it out)... :P

But it is really worth the effort, because whenever I look at it, I really feel happy, like coming home to your room which is all yours and is set-up the way you like it...

I think my blog is very primitive when I see professional bloggers though..Their blogs are really  functional. But somehow most of the gadgets dont work for me. For instance, I cant stand the extremely popular LinkWithin widget,  which I think is really effective in disrupting the natural course readers would otherwise follow..Or the LibraryThing... I really dislike it, I would much rather manually choose my books and add links to them. Even the Snapshots, I had to micromanage it and limit it only to explicitly cited links - I hate it when they run amok on your post...I dont want anything that thinks on its own, atleast on my blog...If I were to choose my gadgets, I would create a virtual galaxy or something like that. And I would never EVER "monetize" the blog. I dont understand people who do that. And I know I should really remove those random pictures and links in the sidebar, but  they remind me of my enthu when I first started posting :)

Coming to the most difficult part, the actual posts, well first of all, I was an idiot to start posting under my name. That most of my family has my blog is also really limiting. But I am getting better at shedding apprehensions. And I cant imagine what I was thinking when I chose the URL - allthatcanbe??? Duh, how lame was I ??? :) 

My posts are mostly for me...I dont expect many people to relate to them. Thats why it majorly  pisses me off if people tell me not to think so much or make totally tangential comments. Ironically, these are the same people who dont realise that when someone writes something, they are putting themselves out there. It took quite a lot for me to talk about the Special Someone. At times like these, I feel I too should adopt a pseudonym like Raindrop or Moonlight or whatever and maintain total anonymity, and give the URL to only friends, where I could let my tongue wag without a leash. Bloggers are anonymous, for the most part.

Lots of people say I talk utter rubbish anyway, but thats ok. :) And for the five odd readers who religiously read what I write, its really sweet of you :) I love it when  you say you  found my post interesting :) I really do...

But having said all this, I think blogging is just a phase, atleast for me. And I know I am soon going to outgrow it. ...

But for now, its just me, my blog :) so happy together :)

7 comments:

Aditya said...

Spoken like a true blogger :)

Unknown said...

appreciation elevates the true spirit to portray its best & after reading this post I shud do dat....way to go pal :)))

Anonymous said...

You are a child at heart it seems when it comes to somethings.

Surya (RADHAKRISHNAN G) said...

Pranam!
But having said all this, I think blogging is just a phase, atleast for me. And I know I am soon going to outgrow it. ...
....................................

You already invested lot of time to feel happy with your blog... And you 'religiously' love your blog. That is why you know that SOON you are going to outgrow from 'just a phase'(Blog)( atleast you!)!

Let the clock say what the rest left to say!

VJ said...

:) Its just a question of time ...

LK said...

The pics are interesting, they present different sides.

Abhijha said...

sahi mai itne details..thats amazing.

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP