.

.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Aint made for each other anymore !!!

Is it me, or are the days painfully slow? Its funny because not only they seem to stretch forever but they also manage to make you feel that they are flying by and you have nothing to show for it....

I have NO idea what I should be doing  these days...whenever I look at the things  I want to do, they seem really frivolous and I cant help wondering if I am waaaaaay off the mark.... with the skating and the star-gazing and the guitar and the books and the volunteering and the field trips and list of places I want to see and the loooooong list of other stuff I intend to do...Should I simply chuck all this and buy a house and a car and think about getting married and "settle down"? Most of the world seems to think that it would be a more worthwhile use of my time and resources. My reply to them is better articulated by my blogger pal Vimal, in his  gentle and moderately-worded post here.

Ok, he was a bit harsh and I dont feel THAT strongly about it, but definitely along the same lines. I wish someone else could think for me. I wish I had a sounding board. I miss having someone to talk to...TALK to, not just talk to, if you know what I mean? Well, of course you dont. If you did, I wouldnt be complaining now, would I? Alright, I'm sorry...Its not just you, its me too. We just dont get each other anymore. Remember our recent conversations? Obviously  you dont. So let me remind you...

U: I bought a flat.
Me: Why? What'll you do with it?
U: What?
Me: Sorry, nothing...(with an insincere smile) Congrats!!!

U: My marriage got fixed.
Me: Oh no!!! Another one bites the dust...
U: What did you say?
Me: Sorry, nothing…(with an insincere smile) Congrats !!!

U (beaming): I got promoted.
Me: So what?
U:  Huh?
Me: Sorry, nothing…Congrats !!!
U: Lets go celebrate.
Me: Celebrate what?

Well, they were something like this anyway. Always are. See, it IS me, do you agree now? Maybe I should just retire from polite society. But you haven't been all that nice too. You don't get me either..Remember the marriage talk? Doesn't ring a bell? I'll remind you again.

U: When you getting married?
Me: I dont know. I am thinking if I should.
U: OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even naxalites marry, even Gandhi married. Its always better to marry.
(Oh no no no, dont look away , you know you said it)
Me (Wishing I could put an axe through your head): Never mind...

And yes, knowing you, you wont get me this time either, so I'll save us both time and  energy and clarify that when I say 'you', I dont mean YOU even if you said the above things. I am merely talking metaphorically, ok? Happy?????

We aint made for each other any more..

7 comments:

Roy said...

i echo your sentiments...but alas we have to put up with this.

Roy said...

sounds wierd considering i am one of the rats in the race.

VJ said...

oh, its nice to have someone agree with me :)

Abhijha said...

loved it..exactly in the same boat..hence the love :)

Surya (RADHAKRISHNAN G) said...

Pranam!

I respect both the facts in you- that both 'you' are equally strong. Still 'writing you' is being overpowered by 'thinking you', or 'outer you' is being overpowered by 'inner you'!
Good. Let your 'inner you' have a 'healthy' and 'fruitful' 'long'life!

VJ said...

@jhaji - Thank you :)

@surya - wow, that was some insight. Thank you too...

LK said...

Hey no fair:) U should have warned me u intend to blog our little talk.

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP