.

.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Strikes, strokes and death rows

A really harrowing experience :(

We had to go on a field trip to Kolar on work. We had to be there at 11 am which meant that we had to leave early in the morning. So at 6.45 am, I was trying to find an auto to get to office but surprisingly no one would come.

Finally one guy agreed but demanded five times the usual price. It transpired that there is an auto strike. I didnt know about it, neither did I care, I only wanted to be in time for work...big mistake...

Anyhow I had to agree to his terms for lack of options. He made one stop to deliver flowers at a shop and we were on our way again. I really didnt think the strike was a big deal, it didnt even register in my mind....

Unfortunately for the guy, around 100 auto drivers were lying in wait on the way to catch people who disobeyed the strike. Ive never really seen a mob at work before, and its really scary.

They just didnt allow him a chance to even talk. In his desire to avoid a beating, he said I was his sister. Now this is a stupid thing to say, it can be easily invalidated...and thats just what happened when he couldnt tell them my name...I think he shouldve told them the truth or atleast kept quiet....

Well, I guess I too disrespected the strike but I couldnt really tell them that I didnt give a damn. But they went really easy on me and asked me to go. In fact they were really polite and said "Madam, please go, we dont want you to see him being beaten up"...I really didnt know what to do.

And the WORST thing is that I couldn't even get a chance to pay him in all the confusion. Everyone was screaming on top of their lungs and I couldn't even see that auto driver anymore in the crowd. I had no option but to leave...I didnt dare look back. I thought of calling the police, but I didn't think it would work, especially since the traffic police were already there and watching the scene...so I just left....

I just cant get this incident out of my mind...everyone tries to comfort me saying that the guy deserved it since he was being greedy and wanted five times the fare....but it doesnt help...I really hope nothing happened to him :(

I have to take courage in my hands and go to that shop where he delivered the flowers in the morning to see if I can find him. I should apologise and should also pay him something for going through the trauma (like how the Govt thinks that money is good "compensation") but I don't think any amount of money can make the incident go away....

2 comments:

Surya (RADHAKRISHNAN G) said...

Forget the matter of 'money compensation'.......
You again made a trail to make yourself convinced.....
Went all the way to flowervala....
Thats what it matters for the readers and for the self!

Unknown said...

Strikes aim straight to the point crushing innocent if encountered in its way… strikes are collective effort...so be careful buddy… u’re blessed to be out of that troublesome place…once in its like some sort of padmavyuha..

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP