.

.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Simply because I say so

I decided to shake off all that despondency....literally. You see, I was supposed to go to away this weekend, but had to stay back cos of that dammed lawyer thingy, and the whole thing was just beginning to get to me....And when in doubt of any sort, go book shopping...remember these words always..they are very wise :)

I decided to get a sandwich from Subway first, its one of the things that always cheers me up. Unfortunately,  Transit is always packed with couples, who've begun to sort of irritate me lately... I mean, I hope I never look like that to anyone..either they're giggly and all over each other or they're depressed and the girl is crying. And you can always tell if they are married, in which case they usually look bored out of their wits...

Anyways, couples I can take but Bryan Adams I cannot...And he seems to be following me everywhere these days determined to talk of his "love"....will someone please tell him its not kind??

So I gave up on Subway and decided to to go to Landmark. I defiantly pushed past the the Lost Symbol, determined to find something I can actually relate to. Now, it could be me, I could be totally out of it but ..Death by Chick Lit, J-Pod, Six steps to Superwoman....what are people thinking???

Nah...its definitely not me....

I picked up some good stuff....Song Man (a sequel to the Guitar Man), At Large and at Small and I see you everywhere (am too lazy to add links, sorry)....and while waiting in the queue for the billing, I picked up the Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy, a book I always wanted to read...

"That book is different. I can tell you that much"....said a pleasant voice belonging to a cheery American standing behind me..we'll call him CA for short ok. CA and I got talking about books; we talked a lot because it was a very loooong queue...the conversation was pretty nice, and somehow, Americans Ive met always have had a very good sense of humor, the kind that makes you feel warm....CA's daughter was there too, a little girl, mustve been 7 or 8, and very sweet people they were..... I think I laughed more in those 10 mins than all of the last month's days put together....

So I bounded back into Subway after that, cheerful and feeling like I earned my sandwich, confident that even Bryan Adams cant chase me away this time...and as luck wouldve had it, CA and kid were there too, and we shared a table....They're here in India for a short while, and the kid took it upon herself to tell me all about her school and family and friends...its been a while Ive listened to a kid talk......and CA told me about all the places he's traveled to and all that he intends to do....

"Nothing like an unplanned trip with just a backpack"...yes sir, we fully agree...

Speaking of which, I'm getting a bit restless here in India...I suddenly feel like going to Rome :(

"Taking trips alone can do wonders for you...whatever you do, dont go in a big group" ...Seconded again, Captain...

"Of course, nothing beats going with a fun partner"....Aye, theres the rub :)

5 comments:

eshwar said...

hw abt amsterdam or british columbia canada?

J&J said...

Interesting blog.

Abhijha said...

As usual, accha laga padhke...we r in such similar states :)

Roy said...

you haven't read the hitchhikers guide? this is preposterous. I can assure that life will never be the same once you are done with it.

VJ said...

@Eshwar - Its Iceland, South America, Grand Canyon, Vietnam and Lasa Mountains, in that order :)

@J - Thank you!

@Jhaji - Tell me about it!

@Roy - I know!!!! Sometimes I wonder what I did in my college days :(

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP