.

.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Journal - A double-edged sword

I maintain a pretty elaborate journal. A journal is considered good because you can walk down the memory lane anytime you want, see how you have grown, have a record of the life you lived and all that right???

But I realized yesterday that it also makes me hold on to grudges. It never lets me forget even the smallest of things. All I have to do is to re-read it and everything comes back and my actions get influenced by them !! This cant be good no?

When I was younger, I used to be one of those with short memories. Unless it was very intense, I never bothered to remember anything. And that is bad too, it is really bad. I would make the same mistakes again and again, allow the same people again and again...Now theres absolutely no chance of that...

But how does one find a balance between these two??

2 comments:

Roy said...

read it somewhere that petty men never forgive, naive forgive and forget while the great forgive but never forget...probably no use to you though!

VJ said...

Thats right...thats the mantra...I fully agree !!

But can you really forgive if you dont forget?

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP