.

.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Is everything ok?


On a sleepy sunday afternoon last weekend, as I lay reading, I decided to ....you wont believe it...meditate...

Now call it wishful thinking or whatever, but I did...and heres where it took me....

As I closed my eyes, I became aware of the noise of the traffic, a TV blaring in someone's house and the  peaceful breathing of my Grandma, who was also sleeping in the room...

Me: Oh no, how can you meditate in all this noise?
Me: Hey it is ok, soon it wont bother you, you wont even hear it...
Me: Thats rubbish... noise is not ok because with it, you'll never get to the stage where you cant hear it...
Me: You dope, don't make excuses, you know its ok...
Me: Oh? Anything is ok is it?
Me: Everything is ok
Me: Everything is ok?
Me: Everything is ok....

Me: Everything is ok....
Me: Is "Everything is ok" ok?
Me: Is "Is "everything is ok" ok" ok?

Yes, because everything is ok, remember? Alert readers will spot that although the second question is not answered, the argument is totally circular and it gets bigger and bigger. If you code this line of  thought into a C program or something, you will get a sort of an increasing spiral......try it and see...some meditation it was!!!

Takes you to dizzy heights before you snap out of it.....

Oh..and the noise...totally forgotten....

2 comments:

Anu said...

crazy :)

Sakthi said...

Wasn't that spiral noisy?? ;-))
Good thinking VJ.. :-)

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP