.

.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Eat Pray Love


 

"Bought in Landmark Bookstore in an impulsive self-destructive moment" is what I had written on the cover when I bought my copy of the above book last week. I bought it telling myself I shouldnt buy it, that I am not ready to read something like this...it will definitely bring back various memories that Ive stashed away in a corner of my mind, that I dont want to ever encounter....well, as you sometimes willingly walk into something you know is not good for you, I too opened this book....

Except that it turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me in the recent past....this book, I tell you...is it...really it is...especially if you are lost and single and trying not to be lost and single...yeah, now dont think its not for you if you are not...because its not a book on relationships or self-help or anything remotely so....and its definitely not a book for women, like many tend to think...

Its a book on...well...life....thats the word that comes closest in my vocabulary, anyway....

Small things you never thought anyone else will think about....things that make you go hey !!!! ive been there too.... like hell I have ...things that make you nod vigorously in agreement...things that bring back memories  - good bad ugly alike...things that youve been thinking about but didnt know whom to talk to...things that make you stop and think - is that what it really was??????...things so intense and true that you cant believe someone else is actually saying it...,,,things that you cant believe someone else feels the same way about ....things that you thought were unique to you....its all there, trust me....

In every page you encounter happiness....and it just spreads to every molecule of you...like she says :)

And mind you, the best part of the book is that it is really...how shall I put it????...all-encompassing? complete?... whatever....I urge you to read it and decide......it is a very intelligent, high-level perspective of our lives..

Not one single word in the book do I  wish should be changed....and with every page, all that I could think of was that I must share this book with everyone I know...which is exactly what I am doing now :).

4 comments:

Chitra said...

It is my fave book

Unknown said...

Hiya…inspired by ur blog... flipped thru’ the pages and realised that this book is just not about jet set go….it carries an aura of fresh air for day-to-day life that revolves around different nations for a particular reason and manages to fill in the hearts of many readers for a common agreement.

Divya said...

Vee..,thanks for recommending EPL.
It has left me thinking ever since i read it.Loved it.Yes..to every molecule of it!!

VJ said...

nice to see you here, divs :)

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP