.

.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Geek Mythology!

Last night, my colleague and I were on an overnight bus. He is a Brazilian-French guy who knows everything about everything...I always feel like a dunce when he talks, but thats a different issue...

When I say dunce, I really mean dunce because I decided to talk about Greek mythology..well, Greek philosophy actually, but we got nowhere with that.....

He: So you're interested in Greek Mythology?
Me: Well, I was when I was around 10 years old, I couldnt get enough of it back then...
He: Wow, thats more than what most 10 year-olds  do...so what do you know about it?
Me: Well, at the top of my head, theres Achilles, Agmemon and Odessyus...
He: You mean Agamemnon?
Me: Yes, thats right...
He: So what about him?
Me: He fought a war, with Paris I think..
He: And who is Paris?
Me: Paris from the judgment of Paris..he was the baby found on a hill by his parents..right?
He: Thats insane, I think you're getting confused with Hindu mythology...
Me: A bit unlikely, since I dont know Hindu mythology....anyways, I know that there were 3 goddesses...
He: There are around 5000 goddesses...
Me: No, three main goddesses that bid for the golden apple and aphrodyte got it since she promised the most beautiful woman on Earth as the guy's wife..
He: Which guy's wife?
Me: The guy who had the golden apple...
He: Not quite..
Me: Well, thats what I have read...
He: Have you even seen the movie Troy?
Me: No but I know Icarus who lost his wings and Achilles with his weak left heel and about the Trojan horse...
He: Thats just random info..
Me: Well, thats what I remember from the book I read..
He: And which book is this?
Me: I dont remember...
He: Nice...what else do you know?
Me: Umm...Menalus and pinelope, penelope?
He:You mean Me-ne-lau?
Me: Yes, and wasnt Penelope Odessyus' wife?
He: And who is Odessyus?
Me: Not sure but I know he traveled a lot...and that he had a lot of interesting but weird adventures on his travel and that the Trojan horse was his brainchild...
He: and??
Me: And I know Apollo is the sun-god..
He: So you just picked up bits and pieces..
Me: Thats more than what an average Indian knows about Greek Mythology...
He: You mean Geek Mythology?
Me: Fineeee....good night!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a lot of information

Goofy said...

Right. So let's do Roman mythology next.

Anonymous said...

maybe learn some eskimo poetry to trump him :)

Sathish said...

:)

Unknown said...

why is it that i feel his whole convo is much like an interrogation ?. may be he knows bit more than you about greek stuff , its he who picked the topic not you, if you sounded intrested he should explain. not mock you.

well i can be wrong it looks like he just wants to impress you by puting you down

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP