.

.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Might is right?

I am sure we all have had our experiences with unreasonable landlords. I didnt realise there was an other side to it. The other day I was telling my parents that they had under-quoted the rent for a flat they owned and I asked them to revise it. They seemed reluctant to do so, despite the going-rate being slightly higher. At first, I thought they were just trying to avoid the hassle of searching for another suitable tenant but there seemed to be more.

Mom: See, we've chosen the medium-risk-medium return option.
Me: What?
Mom: We could let it out to someone at a higher price, but the more their ability to pay, the higher the chances that they'll create trouble for us.
Me: Its your house ma, if they create trouble, just throw them out!
Mom: What if they dont go?
Me: What?
Mom: They may refuse to leave.
Me: So? Evict them!
Mom: What if we cant?
Me: !
Mom: See, even here, high returns come with a high risk.
Me (not willing to understand): Whatever!

As if on cue, a friend told me the same day about having trouble evicting a tenant who hadnt paid even a day's rent. Why? He was in the Police, and they didnt want to take him on!

Its not that my parents are not well-connected or dont know the right people; they just prefer to not deal with such things, which is something I will never understand. 

Anyways, to me, all this is just another reason not to buy a house :)

2 comments:

Surya (RADHAKRISHNAN G) said...

Good.....

Where you are ?

Invisible?

Unseen.....

Fine no?

Have great times ahead....!

Unknown said...

your parents are wise everything in life does not run through numbers only.

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP