.

.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Vintage Stuff..

by Tom Sharpe...is one of the worst books Ive ever read! A book I picked up unassumingly since I was told it was funny!  It turned out to be so depressing that it could easily reform unremorseful convicts. Not the book's fault actually, I shouldve taken my cue from the BLACK HUMOR that stares back at you from the cover. I am not really qualified to comment since I couldnt get through the whole book, but I honestly wish people wouldnt write such things :( I guess I should give it another chance and read one more book before making up my mind - Ive heard Sharpe is really funny. I only hope its funny funny and not I-wish-I-were-dead funny.

Isnt is wierd the way some authors really get under your skin while you have to struggle to appreciate others who are supposed to be equally good or better? For instance, to me, no Tom Sharpe or Woody Allen can ever be Wodehouse.

Anyways, to de-stress from the all black humor, I'm reading Andromeda Strain (I'm of course biased by my favourite author). But its really nice to have no people, no emotions, no shit - just pure Science :)

P.S: I dont buy the odd-man hypothesis! 

2 comments:

deppcrocks said...

Looks like someone was really not impressed with both Mr. Allen and Mr. Sharpe, both of whom who are very Imaginative and funny in their own inimitable styles. Mr.Wodehouse is good harmless fun, these guys are a little more edgy (especially Mr. Sharpe)..what say!

Veena said...

DC, not much to say on your comment but the blog it links to speaks volumes.

Wish I had seen it 4 years ago!

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP