.

.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

While I sleep

Take a look at this picture. I could look at it forever...It is from the Japanese movie Dreams that I came across which is a beautiful collection of the dreams the director had during various stages of his life. I urge anyone who reads this blogpost to check out the film. The movie is a collection of 8 short dreams and every dream is an experience, intricately woven with emotions and instincts most fundamental and encased beautifully within wondrous sights and experiences , oscillating between inner struggle and peace, hope and despair, love and hate, fear of existence and non-being, our beliefs and intuition and counter-intuition, I could go on and on and on - If you believe in souls, then this one will touch your soul, for you will be forced to acknowledge how much there is that you don't know what you don't know (about yourself). Even if I write pages, I don't think I can do justice to the movie. I also think that each person will get something different out of it, depending on their levels of thought.

Now I must admit that my dreams are a HUGE part of my life. Some people dont dream much but I am not one of them. I dream almost every night. They are scary, funny, thought-provoking, real, absurd...the works. The way I face myself and my life through dreams , I can never do otherwise. I'll bet I dream at least 2-3 hours each night and I invariably remember what I dream. And somethings, like words I never knew but dreamed of, people whose names I learnt in my dreams, things I never knew existed but dreamt of..I even saw a color that I couldn't recognise...Am not able to remember how it looked, much as I try :( ...I cant explain how (maybe the theory that subconscious is actively learning and feeds into your conscious is true) but I can tell you the experience really shakes you. The way I see the people around me, the way I feel about them through the day, the things I hold dear, everything goes topsy-turvy and I feel I am seeing it from outside....

I sometimes feel I live a parallel life that comes alive when I sleep!

2 comments:

deppcrocks said...

Some one is an intellectual in her dreams too....way to go lady!! ou r a champ!!

Unknown said...

Akira Kurosawa’s dream consists of;
Kistune/foxes, tanto/fixed-blade knife, sun & rain.
Hina masturi/doll festival, etenraku/gagaku/classical music, peach orchard.
Yuki-onna/ Japanese folklore spirit, blizzard.
Vincent Van Gogh painting - The wheat field with crows.
Village of water mills, death.
3 Nightmares:
Tunnels, anti-tank dog, yurei/Japanese folklore spirits.
Mount Fuji.
Oni-like man/ Japanese folklore demon/nuclear holocaust.

The entire film makes us actually realize about each and everything…….its a film about innumerable emotions aggregating together and provoking us to attain self realization….appreciate the direction n story !!

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP