.

.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Choice!


So Ive been out of a full-time job for more than a year now! Yes, I took on a research internship, started blogging professionally and did many online assignments so that my otherwise impeccable CV didn’t suffer too big a hole. But all this hardly helped the perpetual sinking feeling of not actually having a job.
 
Most people understood and supported my choice. Well, why wouldn’t they? Staying at home and supporting your husband is considered the most worthwhile pursuit, after all!

I soon knew I had to do something or my end was near. No, I’m not being dramatic, its true! My self-worth had fallen considerably, and I began to have insane rages and violent tantrums. I was doing more harm than good for the people at home!

So I began applying for jobs in other cities in Ghana and within 3 weeks, I had one! It is a research consulting profile to conduct studies with children in multiple districts in Ghana. Perfect for me! I took it without thinking twice.

This is my last week in Obuasi. I move to Winneba in a few days. I will live out of a suitcase, stay in some guest-house, starve most of the time and more likely than not, end up with Malaria!

But I am happy, its where my heart is! Best of all, I’m going back to fieldwork, my soul-food! J

7 comments:

Roy said...

impressive! shouldn't you have developed some sort of malaria immunity?

SG said...

Good Luck to you. Wish you all the best.

Aparna (Life Takes) said...

Cool that your job has lot of travelling..

All the best!

Aparna (Life Takes) said...

Cool that your job has lot of travelling..

All the best!

Anonymous said...

Mommy...stay for Bruno and Cherry....sob..sob..!:(

Seriously...hope you've thought this through...impulsive decisions are mostly regretted..!!!

I wish you good luck..as always....!

Love,
K.P

V said...

SG & Aparna - Thanks guys, I need all the luck I can get!

Roy - I wish!

KP - have you forgotten the tough love on getting my CV off the shelf? It was mainly you who scared me into taking this job, FYI!

Anonymous said...

OMG... D..if you've read the above comment...mua is no way responsible for this...! Washing the blood of my hands rt away..!!

V - We talked about a "Job", not "the Job - non paying..life changing..compromise forcing...etc..etc". I could go on and on. If you guys have to stay separate cause of work, ur forgetting the reason you went to Ghana in the first place..!!!! :-(

Keep your options open..search more..!! When do have to report for work..btw..?

- K.P

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP