.

.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What atleast really means!

A very good friend of mine recently got engaged to this girl he had been going out with for 2 years. I had never met her and so asked them out for lunch when they were in town last weekend. But my friend seemed reluctant to bring her, which I thought was strange. Anyhow, she finally ended up coming.

To my unpleasant surprise, throughout the meal she kept nagging, taunting and critising my poor friend who just couldnt get a break. I am really not exaggerating here - she was downright rude and a TOTAL shrew! She kept snapping at him, jeering at his every sentence and generally trivialising everything he said. My friend is this really nice guy - kind, timid and really quite harmless. So I didnt see why she had to be that way.

If they werent engaged, I would really have told her off, but I decided to swallow my anger. Also, it was none of my business - you can never tell what holds a couple togther and for all I knew, they could be really happy.

But I couldnt resist in asking - so when she went out to take a call, I cautiously asked - are you sure this is the right girl for you?

Pat came the reply - No.

Then why are you engaged?

Atleast I am getting some!

2 comments:

Roy said...

HAHAHA!! poor chap!

Unknown said...

haha this is a classic desi couple. who get married based on some math. i am surprised how many people get married just because they have to get married to someone .

well i do not think he is poor chap .he has very good reason to get engaged to her and its not love

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP